Good Tree Village has an intriguing opportunity to purchase a little more than 2-acres. This location would be excellent for Good Tree Village because it is:
- very affordable,
- large enough to build a cohousing community of 12 single-family homes and a shared common house,
- adjacent to a well-established, safe and active neighborhood,
- within 7 miles of Prince George’s Muslim Association,
- near Cheverly Metro Station (orange line),
- convenient to I-295/BW Parkway and US Route 50,
- 7 miles to downtown DC (Union Station),
- close to shopping (Aldi, Wegmans, Costco, Best Buy),
- 5 miles to Prince George’s Sports and Learning Complex
The owner is expecting offers within the next two weeks, so this opportunity requires a quick turnaround. If you are interested in joining Good Tree Village to create the first Muslim cohousing community in Prince George’s county or for more details, contact Ishaq at 301.337.7171.
We need your help.
Good Tree Village is a group families committed to advancing community life by creating a close-knit, diverse and vibrant cohousing community based in Islamic values, but open to all. We believe that a solid community life can best be created by consistent, meaningful interaction on a daily basis.
We’ve begun the process of looking for land or a group of nearby homes to be the terrestrial foundation for our burgeoning community spirit. We are searching in a wide swatch in Virginia from Arlington to Sterling.
Do you know of a couple of acres that can accommodate a clustered grouping of a dozen or so modest homes? Do you know of several homes for sale on a block or cul de sac that could be the beginnings of a pocket neighborhood?
If you know or hear of an opportunity that you think could be a good fit for us, please give us a ring at 202.656.4882, email community [at] goodtreevillage [dot] org or contact us at facebook.com/GoodTreeVillage.