Walking the pedestrian-friendly paths of a local cohousing community and conversing with the people who live there is, arguably, THE best way to get to know cohousing. One of the members of Good Tree Village went last year and it only stoked her desire to live in an intentional community.
Mid-Atlantic Cohousing’s Annual Spring Bus Tour is set to hit the road on Saturday, 18 May 2013 from 8:30AM – 6:30PM, visiting several cohousing communities throughout Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia. Whether you’re just checking out the cohousing concept, need to talk with someone about how to create a cohousing community, or you’re ready to move into an existing cohousing neighborhood, MAC’s bus tour will be expedition well worth your time. Register before April 7 to get early-bird pricing.
Good Tree Village has an intriguing opportunity to purchase a little more than 2-acres. This location would be excellent for Good Tree Village because it is:
- very affordable,
- large enough to build a cohousing community of 12 single-family homes and a shared common house,
- adjacent to a well-established, safe and active neighborhood,
- within 7 miles of Prince George’s Muslim Association,
- near Cheverly Metro Station (orange line),
- convenient to I-295/BW Parkway and US Route 50,
- 7 miles to downtown DC (Union Station),
- close to shopping (Aldi, Wegmans, Costco, Best Buy),
- 5 miles to Prince George’s Sports and Learning Complex
The owner is expecting offers within the next two weeks, so this opportunity requires a quick turnaround. If you are interested in joining Good Tree Village to create the first Muslim cohousing community in Prince George’s county or for more details, contact Ishaq at 301.337.7171.